With the end of the year comes the beginning of the next
… and just to show you that I’m equally as motivated as the next gal, even though on occasion it might appear otherwise, I’ve decided to formulate an attainable resolution for 2006.
But before I do this, let’s check on the progress I made on last years resolutions shall we? 
Per my last year’s list, I half heartedly committed to the following:
Start working out again. With moments I was a shining example of physical fitness and agility. With others I was more like a potato, of the couch variety.
Score: C
learn to play the Piano. 
I’m please to report that I did. I also lie. Which is to say that I didn’t even touch a piano keyboard, but at least I’m honest about it, right?
Score: F
Have Amanda teach me Chinese.Um…How do you say
fat chance in Mandarin?
Score: F
Win the lottery. Whaaaat? It could happen!
Unfortunately it didn’t.
Score: F
Get another motorcycle.I did. And I rode a little.
And it sat in the garage a lot. Regrettably with age comes responsibility, and motorcycle’s are not conducive to responsibile productivity.
It’s up for sale now.
Score: A
Resolutions I did make:
Teach my children to see, value, and comprehend their blessings. This is an ongoing resolve which may or may not kill me. Somehow I think purchasing a cell phone for Little man was contradictory to the ultimate message, but he is learning. We’ve donated time, helped out, and offered monetary assistance whenever we could. In addition I am currently working on a Nicaraguan mission trip that will hopefully counterbalance my cellular faux pas. Score: B
Clean my closet and haul the clothes to Goodwill.Done. Yay me! Score: A
Have the house painted inside. Done. Score: A
Get motivated even if it means prescription drugs. Do you have any idea what a month’s supply of prozac costs? Well I do, and i'm just sayin'...
Moving right along…
This year I’m employing a new strategy, because obviously the old one lacked a few critical factors for success. The dumbest thing a person can do is to keep doing the same thing while expecting different results. So I’m taking a new approach to this traditional practice of stating beforehand what I will accomplish this year, and avoiding resolutions altogether.
I would like to say conversely, that I hope to have a healthy, prosperous, and giddiously happy 2006, and I wish you all the very same.
Happy New Years Everyone! 


|