Wednesday


Hi there! Thanks for stopping by today and um…while you’re here, just pretend that you don’t see that I’m wearing these shiny new tap shoes ok? I mean, I AM a grown woman after all and shuffling from room to room might be construed as a tad odd for a lady of my maturity.

It’s just that I always wanted to take tap lessons, and for some reason was always too busy with other things. Or something. Then the opportunity presented itself. A class for my age group, with no pre existing talent or skill needed, Dancing for Dummies if you will, and the good news is there’s no recitals to scare off my friends and family.

Never mind that I’m almost 41, I mean 30, and I’m taking a tap class amidst a school of cute little 8 year old girls all dressed in pink tutu’s and ballet slippers! They’re much smaller than me and I can push them out of the way with no problem.

It’s only once a week, and I have loads of fun. Let me just say it’s a lot more complicated than I ever gave it credit. And yeah, I’ve shimmied when I shoulda shuffled, ( I’m fond of shimmy-ing), but it’s not easy to get your feet to do all of that tapping and what not, all the while keeping your tongue in check!

How will I ever use my newly acquired skill outside of the classroom or to further my career? Who cares.


Yes sirree, I’m a tap dancing fool.