Saturday

Let the rain fall down and wash away my ...allergies?

It rained yesterday.

This in itself, is not necessarily noteworthy, except to me.

You see, when you live in Savannah, Georgia you are subjected once a year to an overwhelming cloud of yellow pollen dust that literally buries you and anything else in it’s wake alive. Houses, cars, patio furniture, even your children will be covered in the offending tree sperm for several weeks, while the flora and fauna put on a spectacular display of flowers! Although dazzling in it’s own right, if you’re an allergy sufferer, this will also be the month of pure hell you’ve read about in horror novels!

I’m not a big fan of the rain, but I do know that everything has its purpose in life. Yesterday, the rain was particularly welcoming to me as I watched the downpour from the shelter of my own hermitically sealed home. I could see the cleansing affect it was having on the neighborhood as it washed away the pollen… swirling yellow rivers of water flowing freely into the gutters, taking with it all the misery the powder evokes.

Once the rain stops, there is a brief moment when I can open my windows without the fear of poisoning my home. Fresh air can permeate inside, if only for a brief respite and I can breathe freely, sort of, for the next ten minutes.

It’s important to remember to quickly close everything back up though, or risk the yellow dust entering through the windows, only to ruin the interior of your home. Curtains will be destroyed forever if exposed to yellow pollen dust, as will everything it comes in contact.

My posts will be fewer, and make less sense the coming weeks, as I medicate with antihistamines. I tend to develop the personality of a rock, while under the influence of Benadryl and as far as I’m aware….rocks have little of interest to talk about.

I’ll post a picture of Savannah and her flowers.

Bathe in her beauty,
and know that I will return
once the dust settles.