lost for words
I’ve been in a funk the last couple of days.
I found out a woman I work with, a good customer, was killed in a car accident.
An autopsy showed later that the actual cause of death was in fact a heart attack, causing her vehicle to speed out into a busy road where she was hit.
I feel extra horrible because it happened last month, and I just now heard about it!
I missed the funeral.
I missed the opportunity to say goodbye to someone who was a very kind person.
I can’t believe that someone can leave this world so quietly that few even notice.
No one sent me an email…
No one called with the news…
Nothing fell from the sky or sounded in the distance…
And while her family must suffer immensely (she left a husband and two children behind), few of us that knew her in the work environment even heard of the tragedy.
It’s always sobering to realize that we are here for such a short time, and that we seldom stop traffic when we exit this world. We leave behind our possessions, and our families, and the planet continues to revolve without us... Our belongings still scattered about the floor exactly how they were when we last tinkered with them…left for someone to find later on.
I haven't felt much like posting because I just can't shake the meloncholy feelling.
I feel so bad for her boys, and can’t imagine how they must be coping.
I feel so bad for not saying goodbye.


|