Katrina
Linens, decorations,….dresses and tuxedos all seem trivial to discuss in the wake of Katrina. I haven’t done much posting simply because it hardly seems appropriate to chatter on and on about these things when other people are suffering so.
Little Man’s school is collecting money and food, so we help out how we can, yet somehow it doesn’t seem enough.
I was absolutely sick to my stomach to hear of the man who stayed with his dog after rescuing him and losing everything, only to have to leave his precious best friend behind when the rescue bus came. The vision of the poor dog running behind the bus after his owner…. Well I just can’t seem to shake it.
I probably would have stayed behind with my dog and found another way out.
Do whatever you can for these survivors. It could just have easily been us here in Savannah and that hits home really hard.


|