Wednesday

Everybody..Sing With Me Now

You put the laundry in,
You take the laundry out,
You put the laundry in…

…because you waited too long before you got around to folding it, and now it’s cold and wrinkly.

Bummer.
I hate it when that happens.

The darks are going round and round in the dryer again …just to heat ‘em up a bit, so I can quickly remove them, smooth them out on the floor, avoiding that whole ironing thing.

I’ll do anything to get out of ironing.

I’m rather particular when it comes to the manner in which dirty clothes become clean again, so I claim the chore of laundry as my own. I have really long legs, and if anyone else was to do the laundry, they would inevitably put my pants in the dryer causing my pants to become capris, my capris to become shorts, and my shorts to become…well…
too short.

I don’t mind doing the laundry, in fact, I enjoy the way a pile of clothes fresh from the dryer smells of “spring breeze Bounce” and feels warm against my skin. If there’s something in the mix that needs ironing, it goes into a huge purple Tupperware container that sits on the floor in my office.

Behold the ironing pile.

Only it’s starting to resemble an ironing mountain now, because if you look near the top you’ll see some snow caps and a few recreational skiers. In fact, my iron mountain has grown so large that the FAA has informed me it will soon be getting it’s own airport.

The idea behind the iron pile, is that once the purple bucket is filled, I will rent a movie, break out the self steaming Rowenta iron my mother informed me is by far, worth it’s weight in gold, and watch TV while I iron. Sounds like a reasonable plan right?

Of course by the looks of things, I’ll be needing to rent a nice long mini series or something.

I admit the ironing can get ahead of me with moments. I've been known to find clothes in the laundry pile that the children have somehow outgrown. And those black pants that went missing a few months ago are sure to resurface again from the bottom of the bucket. (if I ever make it to the bottom that is).

I’ll be taking movie recommendations for this weeks ironing marathon.
If you are really good at doing laundry, please feel free to come on by and help a sister out.

I’ll supply the popcorn. -smile-