Monday

It's Good to be the Queen!

It was good to be a Mom yesterday. The weather was absolutely perfect…Little Man made every effort to ensure that I had a great day, and great it was!

So great in fact that I’d like to declare the rest of this week as “Mother’s Week”, that is if you wouldn’t mind too much.
Can we do that?.. hmmm.. please?

My day started with the delivery of fresh flowers, Pink and white tulips to be specific, and my personal favorite. The cat in his plight to kill all flowers house wide, proceeded to snap the tops off of a few of them before I caught him and relocated the vase to a higher position.

Then we got dressed and had brunch with my girlfriend and her family at the golf club. It’s always a pleasure not to have to cook, or clean the kitchen when everyone is done so that alone would have been a wonderful day. But nope. It didn’t stop there.

After eating we hit a few golf balls on the driving range, (seeings how we were right there and the balls were all piled up and ready to go). I haven’t magically improved since the last time I tried this, (go figure) and although fun…I won’t be quitting my day job any time soon.

Then it was off to the beach for a little while, followed by an ice cream at the Sugar Shack.

Little Man drew a lovely portrait of me in a card.

Now it’s Monday, and life has returned to the usual hustle and bustle. I wouldn’t mind a few more days of pampering and work free living but alas, the bills need paying, and the cat must go to the vet. He’s still not feeling well, so I’ve decided to call in a professional to see what ails him.

You suppose he ate a tulip?