apples and I don't remember what else....
I woke up this morning with a powerful blog entry overflowing in my mind. The words were forming without effort, playing on the widescreen that is my subconscious mind, as if they were being sent to me via divine intervention.
Unfortunately my subconscious mind isn’t what it used to be. It would serve me well to keep a pen and paper beside my bed because one hour later I don’t remember a bit of it, except that it had something to do with Adam, Eve and a really good Waldorf salad recipe.
Little Man arrived safely in Belgium, and has finally adjusted to the time zone differences. I speak to him every day on the phone, but will be very glad when he returns so I can throw my arms around him and cover him in Moma kisses.
The plan for today is to get up, work, attend a professional association meeting, then have dinner with an old friend paying special attention to the fact that I don’t have to race home at any particular time to pick up a child or chauffeur said child to various and sundry school or social events.
I’ve not yet shaken the feeling throughout the day, that I’ve got to hurry somewhere so as not to leave a child sitting outside alone, unattended and forgotten after all of the other children have been picked up and taken home.
Of course this scenario will change shortly when he returns home again and my schedule is once again filled with the coming and goings involved with childhood activities. What I’m actually experiencing now is the proverbial calm before the storm. Once he's home, things will start hopping again, and blog entries will fly.
That is if I’m coherent enough to remember to write them down.


|