It's Electric...(boogie woogie woogie)!
So I was locked inside the house right?
But wait…don’t you mean locked out of the house Suzanne?
No..no... I mean in the house.
You see, we lost power this morning because the wind blew too hard.
Island living can have it’s advantages, but the above ground placement of electrical power lines is not one of them. Power companies are restricted from burying the cables in the ground for obvious reasons of rising tidal waters and circling sharks, so instead they camouflage the cables by intermingling them between the beautiful moss draped oak trees. While out of the imminent danger of flood waters, they are alternatively at the mercy of gusting coastal winds and flailing tree branches.
…And blowing winds we had a plenty this morning.
Electricity… we did not.
So there I was trapped inside the house, unable to open the electric garage door that houses my minivan. Coincidentally enough the front door was securely dead bolted with a key, that inconveniently seemed to be missing as well…
along with the electricity.
I suppose I could have climbed out of a window, but not having any particular place to be at the moment, didn’t seem an appealing option.
Luckily the power returned around lunch.
I still don’t have to be anywhere until 3:00, as I'm home sick with a respiratory infection again,...coughing up what appears to be nuclear waste mixed with lung tissue,
but it’s nice to know I can get out if I have to!

|