I Haven't done that yet...but give me time
I’ve been surfing blogs for about a month now, and am impressed, bored, entertained, enthralled, ticked and encouraged all on a daily basis. There are some writers that I now read rather regularly and others that irk me to no end, usually those soliciting something like ipods or genealogy readings. Had I wanted to know how to get a free ipod or who my distant relatives were I would have just surfed Google for Pete’s sake! I can only assume that if any of my unknown deceased relatives (God rest their souls) would have cared to know me, they would have made provisions while they were alive and kicking.
There’s so much wonderful talent out there, and such interesting people! Folks from all walks of life and gender,… pouring their thoughts out for everyone to read and eventually use against them in a court of law or some sick internet scandal.
There are recognizable trends in blogging for sure…ideas that catch on in the community and before you know it, everybody’s partaking. This in itself is not a bad thing so directly. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery after all and a little flattery never hurt anyone that I’m aware of. In fact I know several people that you can flatter into a big mushy puddle of gratitude right before your very eyes. I shamelessly admit that I fall head first into this category. The nicer you are to me, the more back flips I’ll perform in your honor. No really, just try me.
Being the persuadable kind that I am, I too have succumbed to the trendy crowd on numerous occasion and I suspect blogging will pose no difference. I plan to write one of those “100 things” posts in the very near future so check back in and see how I did. I’ll try to put a new twist on it, just to spice things up…but when it’s all said and done, the concept was there way before I came along. Consider it a compliment, flattery at it’s finest if you will… and a tribute to the original creator, whomever and where ever you may be.


|