Wednesday

Today the stage is set for success

I awoke at 5:00 a.m. to some crunching sounds emanating from the foot of my bed. It was the cat with his daily sacrificial offering …this time a plastic mouse he had captured during the night, and brought to me with great pride and joy.

My mother bought him a stocking full of catnip flavored creatures last year for Christmas and they have been his favorite toys ever since. I keep them in an empty flower pot in the living room, (partly because it’s neat and tidy, and partly because I can’t grow a real flower to save my soul) and each night he gets them out as if he were hunting real green mice and little purple sheep. When morning arrives, there are always one or two of them left arranged in a pattern at my feet as a sign of his devotion and unconditional love. (Ok, it might just be the daily bribe to insure sufficient food is left in the bowl, but being the goddess type, I prefer to think of it as an offering).

Anyhow, we turned on the T.V. to see who might be the next leader of the free and United States of America, but as usual, the media was still playing their best game of “Let’s Take a Wild Guess”. It all depended on which television station I tuned in as to who that actually was, so in typical Suzanne fashion, I disgustedly turned it off until they can get their act together and come up with some real news.

Showering and transformation came next, and went off without a hitch. My son was awake? Check. Getting ready for school? Check. I made his lunch, and wrote a note to his teacher describing how it was my fault he didn’t do his homework, because I was late coming in from Augusta last night and didn’t find the note explaining the assignment until this morning…yada yada, and assuring her we would do it tonight.

We made it to school on time, and now here I sit ready to start the day of work. My 2005 business plan is due Thursday and I’m going to try and finish it today. Unless of course I can think of some interesting way to procrastinate the assignment until the very last minute, I will try to hammer it out and call it good.

But before I did that I had to go check the mail. I never know what important bit of information might be there needing my immediate attention so off I went. As humor would have it, I received a letter for participating in a contest held by a blog called The Impulsive buy. If you haven’t read it go check it out at www.theimpulsivebuy.com They rate a different product each day, and usually make me laugh which is always a good thing in my book. It seems I was one of the lucky winners of an Oral B mint flavored Brush Up which was sent to me in a congratulatory card all the way from Hawaii. How clever.

So you see? Not only is my day is set for success, but also for minty fresh breath. I’d better get busy.