Saturday

Got food?

Ever since I put an end to the free-for-all cat food fest down on my bathroom floor, some things have changed around here. Namely my cat.

He isn’t pleased to say the least, because he no longer has an automatic food dish dispensing tender vittles twenty four seven. In the beginning, he looked a little panicked as he searched for his ever abundant meal supply. He’s done a lot of pacing around the house with a puzzled look on his cat face. “I KNOW it was here yesterday?” Its pitiful watching him wander around in a dazed Atkins starved stupor.

Whether he knows it or not, he’s on a strict ant free diet from here on out. He’ll be getting his meals doled out one at a time from this point forward, so as to prevent another insect outbreak in my home sweet home. (I’ll have nightmares for months after that incident thank you very much). By rationing his meals out I’ll also be helping him with his weight issue.

Whomever it was that surmised “cats won’t gorge themselves like a dog, if you put his food down to consume at his own discretion”…didn’t know squat about cats. I am certain they never met my cat. Being a first time feline owner, I believed this to be true when he was a kitty, and bought him a feeder that held a good three weeks of food (if this was indeed the case). Rockie however, four years later is rather…well…
portly as a result and in quite the overweight predicament. I like to call him “big and friendly.” I’m not allowed to write what my boyfriend calls him due to the foul language and obscenities clause regulating the composition of moral and ethical blog sites.

When it’s all said and done I should have a much healthier cat and an ant free bathroom.
Rockie on the other hand, is looking quite dazed at the left over KFC on the kitchen counter. I’d better go intercede.