I've been served.
There's quite a buzz in the blogosphere of late, regarding the National Novel Writing Month and NaNoWriMo contest in which participants are supposed to write a novel in 30 days. The challenge? Starting at midnight on November 1, begin writing your novel. Write like crazy until midnight on November 30th or until you have at least 50,000 words, whichever comes first.
I've been given the challenge. I've been 'served'
Sure I wrote columns in my high school and College papers, but i've always wanted to be published. I mean REALLY published, with my own table of shiny hard backed books for sale at Barnes and Nobles at $29.99 a pop. It's a pipe dream, with one small problem. One little snag if you will, a relatively significant issue I suppose and one needing explaining. I discussed it in my very first post of this blog entitled... To Blog or Not to Blog... in fact It's why I started writing this blog in the first place.
I-don't -know -what- to -write -about? I just can't decide.
I love to write. I love the combination of words and sentences coming together in a rhythmic pattern to express poetry or stories, but have no earthly idea what I could possibly say to fill 300 pages of a 50,000 word novel? That would involve me making a decision on what to write. A commitment to address one particular subject. And you know me and making decisions. It's like oil and water.
I seem to be more of the editorial type,...the columnist who pops off a wisecrack in 10 paragraphs or less, and then moves on to the next subject.
.
I'm still deciding what to write. Anybody got a quarter I can toss?


|