Mermaids and gnats with teeth!
The weather was beautiful today.
So beautiful, that the sand gnats were out in full force enjoying the spring like the rest of us wanted to do. Stepping outside on a beautiful spring day in Savannah can be likened to strapping chicken to your body just before hurling oneself into a pool of piranha at feeding time.
Someone came by to look at the motorcycle which is currently up for sale. I showed her the bike all the while waving my arms vigorously through the air in an attempt to keep the gnats from gnawing the flesh from my body. I answered her questions regarding riding, mileage, curb weight and so forth, as I flailed about in what appeared to be some sort of epileptic seizure. I’m not all together sure why the gnats didn’t seem to be chewing on her like they were me, but I am convinced this woman now thinks I’m selling my bike for obvious medical reasons.
When I came in from feeding the gnats, I sat down to write this blog entry because I have the neatest thing to show you guys! The journal and angel button
I ordered from Sharon’s store arrived and I just love them! I was particularly fond of this sketch when I saw it on her blog and when she put it on the journal it was perfect. I bought the button for my son to wear on his jacket when he leaves for Belgium in a couple of months. Each year I pin a new angel on his jacket or book bag to look after him while he’s away, and this year Sharon’s angel will travel along for the ride.
But that’s not all though! I had a second package that caught me off guard. It was ANOTHER box from Sharon, only I couldn’t remember ordering anything else? Guess what it was?
It was the MERMAID!
I can’t believe she sent me the mermaid and fish she made with her son which you can read about here on February 12th. How cool was that? It’s so neat to read about something a fellow Blogger does, and then actually get to see it in person! I tried to take some pictures of the details like her
bead bracelet, or the key she clutches in her left hand, but they didn’t come out so well. I’m not sure if you can see in the photograph but she cleverly used green ribbon with beads to mimic seaweed, and she sits on a large sea shell that I later learned was a gift from her father when she was little.
I wanted to say Thank you to Sharon for thinking of me, and sending me the mermaid. It means a lot, especially because I was feeling kind of whiney and pitiful today, convinced nobody loved me…
Except for maybe the gnats. 
Thank you Sharon for making my day special!!


|