Friday

Sshhhhhh.



Listen.

Do you hear that?
Me either.
Isn’t it wonderful? I’m stretched out on the couch, laptop in my lap, cat curled up at my feet and taking a moment to surf blogs and enjoy a “me” moment.

Little man is off eating dinner with his friend, so the house is quiet and still.
There is no T.V. blaring commercials in my face and the only audible sounds I hear are the roar of the air conditioner and the tic tic tic of my fingernails as they tap against the keyboard. Soon enough, noise will pour back into the living room and family life will resume as it does at the end of a long week.

My week was filled with work and travel but Friday has finally arrived and as always, I hope to catch up on various and sundry projects, housecleaning, or whatever else might present itself in the way of entertainment.

Savannah is gearing up for St. Patrick’s Day 2006, and tomorrow we will don our best leprechaun green and watch the festivities on Tybee Island. My Dad will be marching in the parade with the Shriners of course, so I will chauffeur a car load of children to dance on the sidelines, wave and catch as many beads as we can!

I double checked to make sure Little Man’s St. Patrick’s Day t-shirt from last year will still fit. He seems to be getting bigger by the minute despite my futile efforts at stunting his growth, so I can never become too confident that a shirt, or a pair of pants can be worn from one day to the next.

I plan to take it easy for the remainder of the weekend. If I don’t get the chance to stop in and say hello, let me say it here and now.

Have a wonderful weekend!