Updates and What Not's...
NOPE…
Ellen hasn't responded yet, and NO,
unless she pulls through, it doesn’t look like I’ll be attending the BlogHer convention nor will they be getting their sponsorship!
It certainly isn’t the result of our lack of trying that’s for sure, and as anyone can clearly see… you guys rock!! A big THANK YOU to everyone who commented, emailed, brought me munchies, took pictures of me naked…(hey, wait a minute) and uh, wrote to the show on my behalf.
The convention is July 28th and 29th, in San Jose California and if you are so inclined you can learn more about it at BlogHer’s website. Perhaps you can go, in which case I will experience the event vicariously through you and your blog. Ok?
It’s not too late for Ellen to sponsor, mind you….
It’s just that I’ve grown terribly impatient with this whole “chained naked to a flag-pole” thing. My hair is all frizzy from being out of doors, and I need a bath in the worst way, so I’ve come inside to rectify my unpleasant situation.
Perhaps Ellen will take pity on a cleverly resourceful yet freshly bathed and fully clothed woman with a new manicure instead? No? !
I think she’s weakening …I can feel it
Any how.
I promised myself I would never blog about work, so I won’t mention how conference calls with large corporations make me shake my head in antipathy. Or how I entertain myself while listening by picturing Dilbert in my head. 
So I won’t.
I’ll also spare you the details of how I spent the majority of the week sitting in endless doctors office waiting rooms and hospitals with Little Man who was suffering unbearable and agonizing head pain!
In a nutshell, we waited, …he whimpered…
I paced, huffed, puffed, and tapped my foot to the tune of my ever growing displeasure for the office staff and their obvious indifference to patient care.
After all was checked, probed, x-rayed and viewed, it was determined that my son was suffering from a migraine! Four and a half days of comforting my sweet little boy who moaned in misery, convinced his eyeballs were popping out of his head, finally relieved by a single shot to the bottom!
Within 30 minutes a look of peace washed away his scrunched up frown of torture and he was on the road to recovery.
Nothing makes you feel more helpless than watching your child suffer. Not knowing the cause, having nothing you try successfully help to ease his anguish, all the while dealing with overworked medical professionals who are more concerned with insurance verification than diagnosis and treatment.
It was enough to make my head explode!
Thank god and a deep breath later we were given preventative prescriptions and were allowed to go home, so...
I gathered up his eyeballs and scooped my brains from the wall and things are back to normal.
Aren't you glad I didn't blog about it?


|