Contemblogging ...for lack of a better title.
I’ve been doing a great deal of thinking lately.
Five months ago I had no idea what a blog was. Since then I’ve learned that having a blog can mean many different things for different people. Some use them as an outlet for creative writing, expressing poetry, or telling stories. Other’s use them as a gathering point to centralize news events, political stories, arts, crafts, recipes or photographs. On occasion you might even find a blog where someone pours their struggles out into the blogosphere touching the hearts and souls of unsuspecting readers. Funds are raised for charities, prayers are consolidated for those in need, and friendships are formed throughout a virtual community.
I re-read the first post I wrote on Contemblogging. I debated with myself on what purpose it would serve, what void it would fill if I made the jump and what prey tell, would I even write about.
I contemplated .
And so it was born.
I filed it under the humor category of the blog directory because I suspected it would be a place for me to talk about the silly things that run through my mind on a daily basis. It’s turned out to be more of a general blog than anything else, not particularly complying with any of the typical norms. I’m not sharing knitting skills, I’m not a minority Daddy blogger, I don’t have anything inspirational to say, and let’s be honest…a stand up comedian I’m not. I feel like the outsider…the kid that blends into the woodwork not really having a place to fit in…a category to call home. My BLAHg.
I’ll be honest. That’s how I’ve felt most of my life so it should come to me as no surprise that blogging would turn out to be the same sort of experience. Just good enough to go unnoticed by the bullies, but not quite the prom queen.
I’ve spent the majority of my life trying to better myself, striving to reach something…. ANYTHING,… to improve my self worth. What I’ve learned is that there is always someone who can do it better. "It" being the current task at hand. I can do alot of things a little, but still can't find the one thing I do best.
I’m still searching for my purpose.
I’m contemblogging again.

|