Pick up Trucks and Business Suits
Karma has a weird way of showing up and biting you on the backside if you’re not careful. I oughta know...let me share.
I dropped my van off at the Ford dealer Friday to have them check (once again) for the source of the strong fumes radiating into the interior cabin. They have wonderful customer service there, and tended to my business in expedient time…even offering a loaner vehicle to drive while they worked on mine.
“That would be great”! I said, half expecting another van, or some sort of 4 door sedan to pull up around the corner.
Nope.
It was a pick up truck.
A big, white, workman’s looking pickup truck.
Four doors, …big wheels, space enough in the back for my hunting dog AND any deer I might catch!
I remember once telling a friend of mine, that I would NEVER, EVER…be caught dead driving around in a pick up truck. I went on and on about the stigma attached to pick ups, red necks, rebel flags and mounted rear window gun racks. I even went so far as to say I’d never marry anyone that drove a truck either.
Bah. No way. It just wasn’t my style.
I guess I looked a tad perplexed when I tried to figure out how the back door opened, because one of the guys came out and showed me how to work it.
Being the gracious Belle that I am, thanked them profusely for their help…
hiked up my navy skirt and stepped up into the truck.
There is something very ironic to me about a navy pinstriped suit, a string of pearls, and a pick up truck. I’m sure I looked as ridiculous as I felt, and you know they got a good laugh out of the whole scene as I revved up the engine and drove off in the masculine looking machine.
Truth be told…it’s actually rather pleasant to drive…tank-like and tall.
Makes me feel like the king of the road, and feeling king-like is always a good thing right?!
So you see? Once again I am reminded that you should never say “never”, and judge too harshly… because you just NEVER know when karma will rise it’s ugly head, and make you eat your words.
I stand corrected.
and, I'll be needing some dental floss to help with this crow I've got stuck in my teeth.
*I kid you not...I looked over to my right and there was a small, hand sized parade style rebel flag on a stick lying on the passenger side floor board.
You see what I mean?
-sigh-

|