Thursday

Checks and Balances

Ah yes...it's bill paying time again. I've been sitting here writing checks for 30 minutes now and it seems everyone wants a piece-a-me! Writing checks is always a fun thing isn't it? I've written 10 so far: water, electric, cable, mortgage, doctor's bill, private school, Visa, cell phone, sewer, internet access,...who am I forgetting? You? Do I owe you money too? Step in line please...it forms to the right.

The mail is coming in hot and heavy lately. Mostly bills, but also the required pre-tax statements from banks, and investment agencies are finding their way unto my desk. I'd like to get a head start on my taxes this year if possible because I'm on a roll here...and they might as well get me now while I'm already passing out checks. I've been working on my signature too, and oh yeah...it's looking very snazzy these days.

I contemplated getting some fancy printed checks covered with cute pictures of fuzzy kitty cats, or puppy dogs...but nah. That's just not my style. I like my checks to be somber, much like the mood they provoke as I sign them over to the masses.

The end of the calendar year brings interesting statistics at work as well, as we calculate mileage reports, and figure commission checks. Last year's sales were high and exceeded set goals so we won an all expense paid, all inclusive trip to Costa Rica for 5 days! It was great and by far one of the best vacations I've had in a long time! The contest is on this year too so I'm champing at the bit to see if we won again. This years trip is to Mexico... Cancun I believe and while I've already been there before, it should still be as fun.

I'll leave you with some pictures of last year's Costa Rican trip! Please don't hate me because I ride motorcycles and hairless horses!